Temporary Construction Fire Hydrant Meters
Temporary construction fire hydrant meters are issued when a completed application is submitted with the following requirements:
- Check made payable to “City of Tustin”
- City of Tustin business license number if work is to be performed within City Limits
- Completed Fire Hydrant Meter Application
- Job location (where the meter will be installed)
Meter Rental Fees
The Fixed Meter charge is $578.18 Bi-monthly through December 31, 2022. On January 1, 2023, the Fixed Meter charge will be $607.09 Bi-monthly.
Deposits will be refunded upon return of undamaged meter and eddy valve, after payment has been deducted for water used, and meter rental. All or part of the deposit may be forfeited for failure to pay any bill, or for failure to return the meter or damage to any meter or eddy valve issued to the permittee.
It will take approximately 3 to 4 weeks to process billings and refunds after the meter has been returned.
Fees Paid in Advance
Fees paid in advance are as follows:
- Non-refundable Application Fee: $62
- Refundable Deposit for Hydrant Meter: $735
- Total Due at Time of Meter Issuance: $797
Other fees to be paid are as follows:
- Consumption/Commodity charge: $3.08 per HCF
- Unable to Read Meter: $21 per daily
- Damage to Construction Meter: Charged at parts and labor, plus 27%, on a case-by-case determination.
Application & Meter Drop Off
The application, payment, and meter shall be issued at:
300 Centennial Way
Tustin, CA 92780
For questions, please call 714-573-3075.
Permit Processing Hours
Permit processing hours are:
Monday through Thursday, except holidays
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday, except holidays
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.