CDBG Funding Applications
Notice is hereby given that Request for Funding applications are available for the City of Tustin, California, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. This Notice of Funding Availability is applicable to programs or projects in the following categories:
- Non-Public Service Activities for Program Year 2024-25
Request for funding applications requests are due by 5:30 p.m. on Monday, January 8, 2024. No applications will be accepted after this time.
Examples of eligible Non-Public Service Activities include, but are not limited to: fair housing services, removal of architectural barriers, housing rehabilitation, commercial or industrial rehabilitation, acquisition, construction or rehabilitation of shelters, senior centers or health centers.
Anyone requesting information on the application process for Community Development Block Grant funds, may contact Adrianne DiLeva with the Community Development Department at (714) 573-3138 or email@example.com.
The City of Tustin maintains a three-year funding cycle for Public Service (non-profit) activities. CDBG applications for Public Service activities for program years 2023-24, 2024-25, and 2025-26, were open from November 17, 2022, through January 9, 2023. The application period is now closed.
An informational webinar was held via Zoom on December 7, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. which provided an overview of the City of Tustin’s CDBG application process.
Anyone requesting information regarding future application openings for Community Development Block Grant funds, may contact Adrianne DiLeva with the Community Development Department at (714) 573-3138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 1, 2023: CDBG program year 2023-24 begins
- November 16, 2023: Notices of Funding Availability (NOFA) to be released for the 2024-25 program year for non-public services. (Public service activities will be entering year two of the three-year funding cycle.)
- January 8, 2024: Deadline to submit applications for non-public services.
- February/March 2024: First City Council public hearing to review non-profit subrecipient's performance, along with goals/priority needs for the 2024-25 Action Plan.
- April/May 2024: Second public hearing before the City Council including approval of 2024-25 non-public service funding, and the 2024-25 Action Plan.
- July 1, 2024: CDBG program year 2024-25 begins.