- City Clerk
- Open Government
- Non-Profit Grant Program
Non-Profit Grant Program
As a continuation of the Tustin Cares program, the City of Tustin plans to provide up to $500 thousand in funding during the calendar year 2023 to local non-profits to support COVID-19 response efforts and to address the economic impacts of the loss of revenue due to the pandemic. The program will be administered in three phases:
- Phase I: Lost Revenue (Large Grants: $15,001 - $250,000) - The grant application period for Phase I closed on May 16, 2022.
- Phase II: COVID-19 Response Efforts (Up to $250,000) – $250,000 has been allocated for Phase II, which provides grant funding opportunities to non-profits to support COVID-19 response efforts. The grant application period for Phase II closed on August 8, 2022.
- Phase III: Lost Revenue (Small Grants Up to $15,000) – $500,000 will be allocated for Phase III, which will provide grant funding opportunities for non-profits that, due to the pandemic, experienced a loss of revenue that is less than or equal to $15,000. The program guidelines below define the terms and conditions for Phase III.
Grant funds for Phase III will provide funding to non-profits needing financial assistance in overcoming the temporary loss of revenue due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The grant may be used for working capital to cover the day-to-day operating expenses such as rent/lease payments, mortgage payments, utility expenses, payroll and benefits costs, Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), or other similar expenses that occur in the ordinary course of operations. The Non-Profit may also utilize the grant for direct service activities to the Tustin community that (1) are consistent with its mission; (2) to prepare, prevent, and/or respond to COVID-19, providing that the Non-Profit can demonstrate a revenue loss in the calendar year 2022.
The program for Phase III is based on the availability of funds, program guidelines, and submission of all required information and supporting documentation. The City’s Program Partner, the Tustin Community Foundation (TCF), will be responsible for reviewing grant applications for completeness and determining whether the non-profit meets the eligibility guidelines. TCF will recommend grant recipients and grant award amounts. The amount of grant funding awarded to each non-profit will be determined by the City based on recommendations provided by the Tustin Community Foundation. The recommendations will be based on factors including, but not limited to, the following:
- General Experience & Capacity
- General Program Concepts & Approach
- Experience with State and/or Federally Funded Programs
Questions may be submitted via email to NonProfitGrants@TustinCa.org by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 17, 2023.
Applications must be submitted via email to NonProfitGrants@TustinCa.org by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 27, 2023.
For questions about the grant guidelines and the grant application, please contact the City of Tustin's Finance Department:
City of Tustin
300 Centennial Way
Tustin, CA 92780
For other questions or assistance with completing the application, please contact the Tustin Community Foundation at:
Erin Nielsen, Executive Director
Tustin Community Foundation
P.O. Box 362, Tustin, CA 92781
Office: (714) 393-8506
Cell: (714) 721-0337