Welcome to the Planning Division at the City of Tustin! We encourage you to use our virtual City Hall Planning services by emailing TustinPlanning@tustinca.org, or calling (714) 573-3140. We also welcome you to schedule an appointment to meet with us in person.
What is the Planning Division?
The Planning Division is a section of the Community Development Department that provides the Tustin community with comprehensive planning and development services.
Services we offer:
- Development Plan Reviews - Zoning information and development criteria for residential, commercial, and industrial remodels and additions and provide complimentary preliminary feedback
- Plans – Preliminary plan reviews to determine project’s compliance with the Tustin City Code
- Temporary Uses - Permits for special events and film permits
- Zoning Compatibility – Review business proposals to determine compliance with zoning; Review of new Business License applications.
The Tustin Planning Division Staff has expertise in zoning, development, historic preservation, grants, land use planning, and more. Contact Us at TustinPlanning@tustinca.org or by phone at (714) 573-3140.
- I would like to build on my property. How do I find out what I can build?
- What is the zoning for my property? Why is it important?
- I would like a letter to verify the zoning of my property. How do I get a Zoning Verification Letter from the City?
- I would like to build a fence or wall on my property. Do I need a permit from the City to do so?
- I would like to build an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) and/or Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit (JADU) to my property. How can I find out more about this and what I need to do?
- I would like to start a new business in Tustin. How do I find out if my business is allowed at a specific location within the City?
|Zoning Map: Access the City’s Zoning GIS Map for Zoning and Land Use here.|
|General Plan Map: Access the City’s General Plan Map for General Plan designations here. |
|Municipal Code: here |
|Entitlement Application Submittal: Once your application is completed and all items have been prepared for submittal to the City, please submit online at our Citizen Self Service Portal.|
If you have any questions prior to submitting to the City, please contact the Planning Division at TustinPlanning@tustinca.org.
|Current Projects: To see some of the Planning Division’s latest projects, click here.|
|ADU: Learn about the requirements for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units (JADUs) here. |
|Streamline Tustin: To keep up-to-date with the City’s latest streamlining efforts, click here. |
|Engage Tustin Mobile App: Report non-emergency issues to the City, view the City’s calendar of events, sign up for City-sponsored classes and activities, pay a water bill, and more by clicking here!|