As part of the City of Tustin’s response to COVID-19, all plan checks and permit applications are to be submitted via e-mail to PlanPermitSubmittals@tustinca.org. Please include a completed application along with all relevant information with your submittal.
PV solar projects may continue to be submitted to PVSubmittals@tustinca.org.
If you are a City of Tustin property owner or an architect, engineer, designer, or contractor that performs work within the City, please be advised that the City will be enforcing the following 2019 Building Standards Codes, effective on January 1, 2020.
- 2019 California Building Code
- 2019 California Residential Code
- 2019 California Electrical Code
- 2019 California Mechanical Code
- 2019 California Plumbing Code
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 California Historical Building Code
- 2019 California Fire Code
- 2019 California Existing Building Code
- 2019 California Green Building Standards Code2019
- 2019 California Referenced Standards Code
- 1997 Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
- 1997 Uniform Housing Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
In addition, State of California’s Health and Safety Code Section 17958.7 and 18941.5 permits local governments to adopt amendments to the California Building Standards Code when they are administrative or procedural, or when there are local climatic, geological or topographical conditions that exist within their communities. Ordinance No. 1503 is proposed to adopt and amend the 2019 Building Standards Code with certain Appendices and supplemental regulations.
All new plan review applications submitted on or after January 1, 2020, will be required to comply with the above referenced code editions and Ordinance No. 1503. The 2019 Building Standards Codes are available for purchase from the International Code Council, and digital copies, may be accessed here under the heading: "2019 Triennial Edition of Title 24". Ordinance No. 1503 is available at City Hall or at the following link.
Helpful Building Information
The Building Division applies building and grading regulations to ensure that new and existing buildings and structures are safe and suitable for their intended uses. Important Building Division links include: