- Community Development
- Governing Codes & Ordinances
Governing Codes & Ordinances
2022 Building Standards Codes
If you are a City of Tustin property owner or an architect, engineer, designer, or contractor that performs work within the City, please be advised that the City will be enforcing the following 2022 Building Standards Codes, effective on January 1, 2023.
- 2022 California Building Code
- 2022 California Residential Code
- 2022 California Electrical Code
- 2022 California Mechanical Code
- 2022 California Plumbing Code
- 2022 California Energy Code
- 2022 California Historical Building Code
- 2022 California Fire Code
- 2022 California Existing Building Code
- 2022 California Green Building Standards Code2019
- 2022 California Referenced Standards Code
- 1997 Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
- 1997 Uniform Housing Code
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code
In addition, State of California’s Health and Safety Code Section 17958.7 and 18941.5 permits local governments to adopt amendments to the California Building Standards Code when they are administrative or procedural, or when there are local climatic, geological or topographical conditions that exist within their communities. Ordinance No. 1529 is proposed to adopt and amend the 2022 Building Standards Code with certain Appendices and supplemental regulations.
All new plan review applications submitted on or after January 1, 2023, will be required to comply with the above referenced code editions and Ordinance No. 1529. The 2022 Building Standards Codes are available for purchase from the International Code Council, and digital copies, may be accessed here under the heading: "2022 Triennial Edition of Title 24". Ordinance No. 1529 is available at the City Clerk's Office or at the following link.