Special Permits

Certain types of businesses require special permits. To determine if you need this type of permit, call the Business License Division at (714) 573-3144.

Certain Businesses require Special Permits before the issuance of a Business License is approved. These businesses require more information than a regular Business License.

  • Auto broker
  • Body Art/Tattoos
  • Live Entertainment
  • Massage Establishments
  • Mobile Auto Service
  • Mobile Food Vendors
  • Pawn Broker
  • Secondhand Dealers
  • Weapons
  • Other Types of Land Uses Which do not fit Exactly into the Description of Residential or Commercial Uses

In order to obtain a special permit for your business, please contact the Business License Department at (714) 573-3144.

Special permits must be submitted in person to 300 Centennial Way Tustin CA, 92780.

Sellers Permit

The requirement to obtain a seller's permit applies to individuals as well as corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Both wholesalers and retailers must apply for a permit.

View the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) for more information on sellers permits.