Do I need a grading permit?

If more than 50 cubic yards of earth is moved, or one foot of fill is used, or a cut slope greater than 5 feet in vertical height will require a grading permit. 

Submit four complete sets of grading plans and two preliminary soil reports for the Building Division's review. A final compaction report and letter of pad certification must be submitted to the Building Division prior to the issuance of a building permit.

Show All Answers

1. When are building permits required?
2. When are electrical, plumbing, or mechanical permits required?
3. Do I need a grading permit?
4. Do I need a permit for a garden shed?
5. Do I need a permit for a lattice or solid cover patio?
6. Do I need a permit for a fence?
7. How do I get a building permit?
8. Does a permit expire?
9. How many plans are required to be submitted into plan check?
10. How do I request a building inspection?