Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Per the Orange County Mosquito & Vector Control District (OCMVCD), to date there has been no information nor evidence to suggest that the coronavirus (COVID-19) could be transmitted by mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes carry the West NIle Virus and invasive mosquitoes increase the risk of spreading mosquito-borne diseases like Zika, dengue and yellow fever.
There’s rain in the Tustin forecast for next week and rain leaves behind the opportunity for standing pools of water to develop and attract mosquitos.
The Orange County Mosquito & Vector Control District (OCMVCD) offers the following tips to help eliminate mosquito breeding sources from your property by:
1. Dump & drain any containers filled with water at least once a week
2. Clean and scrub bird baths and pet water bowl weekly
3. Dump water from potted plant saucers
4. Do not transport or share plant stems rooted in water
5. Drill a hole or puncture containers to eliminate standing water
For additional information, please visit https://ocvector.specialdistrict.org/where-to-look-and-what-to-do