Red Hill Avenue Specific Plan
In 2016, the Tustin City Council initiated the preparation of a specific plan for a portion of Red Hill Avenue just north and south of the Interstate 5 freeway with the goal of promoting revitalization within the existing commercial area. Through a series of public workshops and community input from 2016 to 2018, a plan was developed and refined.
In late 2018, the Tustin City Council adopted the Red Hill Avenue Specific Plan, a long-term policy document for positive growth and development for a portion of Red Hill Avenue. The Red Hill Avenue Specific Plan encourages mixed-use development, but also allows stand-alone commercial and office uses. Ultimately, the Plan will allow up to 325,000 square feet of additional commercial development, 500 additional dwelling units, shared and reduced parking standards, and streetscape improvements within the public right-of-way. In time, the City envisions the Plan will help to create an identity and sense of place for the area, while also fostering a more pedestrian-oriented environment.
For additional questions and information about the Red Hill Avenue Specific Plan, please contact the Planning Department at (714) 573-3127, (714) 573-3016, or TustinPlanning@tustinca.org
Red Hill Avenue Specific Plan Final Draft Environmental Impact Report & Technical Appendices
- Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP) (PDF)
- Notice of Availability Red Hill Specific Plan Final Draft (PDF)
- Red Hill Avenue Specific Plan Final Draft EIR Volume 1 (PDF)
- Red Hill Avenue Specific Plan Final Draft EIR Volume 2 Technical Appendices (Part 1) (PDF)
- Red Hill Avenue Specific Plan Final Draft EIR Volume 3 Technical Appendices (Part 2) (PDF)
- Response to Comments and Native American Tribal Consultation on the DPEIR (PDF)
- Statement of Overriding Considerations (PDF)
- The Findings and Facts in Support of Findings and Statement of Overriding Considerations (PDF)