CEO MOMS Training & Grant Program
As part of the Tustin Cares program, the City of Tustin has partnered with Orange County/Inland Empire Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to expand SBDC's online CEO Moms training program into the Tustin CEO Moms Training & Grant Program, a growth program for women by women. The CEO Moms Program will provide growth opportunities through training and funding to woman-owned small businesses located in Tustin. All eligible woman-owned businesses are invited to apply.
The program is a cohort style series for women entrepreneurs to actively work on scaling up and expanding their businesses. Attendees can expect highly interactive and vibrant discussions with the instructors and other cohort members. The program consists of four two-hour mandatory Zoom training sessions and one mandatory one-on-one consultation meeting with a SBDC consultant in between cohort meetings/sessions. The program will be in English only.
Small businesses with a minimum of 2 employees - including the owner, and a maximum of fifty (50) employees (full or part-time) may be eligible to receive a grant of up to two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500). The grant must be used to cover the day-to-day business operating expenses.
Woman-owned businesses which have previously received alternative sources of funding such as the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan, State, County of Orange and/or City of Tustin grants are eligible to apply. The program is based on the availability of funds, program guidelines, and submission of all required information and supporting documentation.
The City’s Economic Development Department will be responsible for oversight of the CEO Moms Program and disbursement of funds will take place through the City’s Finance Department. The City's Program Partner, the SBDC, will be responsible for program administration, application processing, training, one-on-one consulting, and for review and approval of financial and business documentation for disbursement. City staff is obligated to fulfill the terms and conditions of the funds as established by the program guidelines.
The CEO Moms Training & Grant Program application is NOW CLOSED.
The CEO Moms Training & Grant Program guidelines are available for review and can be downloaded by clicking here.
In this 4-part series, women entrepreneurs will:
- Hone their skills to better use their financial data to drive their business, identify and adjust areas to improve cash flow, profitability and future planning.
- Research and identify primary and emerging customer segments and build a plan around attracting them.
- Identify competition and strategic partners for opportunities to collaborate and maximize market share. Learn effective ways to expand their team of employees and resource partners.
- Understand the various Woman-Owned Business Certifications as they relate to winning business in different arenas. Identify opportunities for adding equity or debt capital to scale more deliberately.
- Showcase their business in a digital presentation with cohort members.
- Understand and use your financial data to drive your business including ratios, financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Profit & Losses (P&Ls)
- Marketing platforms and marketing KPIs
- Develop and evolve your plan
- Growth Marketing
- What problem is your business solving?
- Let's use research
- Understanding your customers
- Finding your customers and getting them to respond
- Identify competition and strategic partners
- Develop opportunities to collaborate and maximize market share
- Create an all-star team of employees and resource partners
- Certifications for woman-owned businesses
- Projecting your growth
- Funding your growth plan
- Artificial intelligence
Eligibility & How to Apply
To be eligible to apply for the CEO Moms Program, a business must meet certain criteria that has been established by the City of Tustin.
Please read the General Terms and Conditions under Eligibility on page four (4) of the CEO Moms Program guidelines by clicking here.
The program application will be available online only at 9:00 am on Monday, January 22, 2024. Applicants must apply for the training program online by accessing the application portal.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD HAS CLOSED.
(NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED)
Applications must be submitted online and will only be accepted from 9:00 am, Monday, January 22, to 11:59 pm on Sunday, February 4. The application period will close promptly at 11:59 pm on February 4. Applications received online after this due date and time will be considered late and will not be accepted.
The City of Tustin is expecting the CEO Moms Program to have an overwhelming number of applications. If the number of applications far exceeds the amount of funding that is available for disbursement, the City will implement a lottery system for all eligible small businesses. Once applications and eligibility have been approved, they will be assigned a number and entered into a random lottery. The first 25 potential grant recipients will be contacted by email, phone and/or letter starting February 15, 2024.
For additional information regarding the CEO Moms Program, please contact the following:
City of Tustin
Economic Development Department
300 Centennial Way
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 573- 3117
For questions about the guidelines and application or assistance in completing the application and to set up a one-on-one consultation (at no cost), please contact the SBDC at: